Friday, July 23, 2010

Stop Running

embrace Pictures, Images and Photos
Sometimes I think that
if I could just be in your arms again,
everything would be okay.
That if, somehow,
you were to walk through the front door,
just like you used to,
I'd forget all the pain.

But what keeps you running?
You waste so much time on her
When you know all this time
She never loved you the way I did.

I could be there for you in ways she'd never be.
I thought you'd figured that out after our long midnight conversation.
When I was just there to listen.
When I was there to tell you God was on your side.
When I was there to be your best friend.

Yet you run back to her.
She's some disease you can't rid yourself of.
She eats at you and tears you down.
She takes away everything to love about you.

How long do you expect me to wait for you?
I won't wait forever.
You're wasting time you can't get back.

When are you going to get yourself together?
You aren't in high school anymore.
Life is happening now.

You say you want to leave her;
Done so several times.
Be a man! Leave her and stick to your word!
You tore my heart out and I was good to you.
Why's it so hard to do the same to her when all she does is fight with you??

Oh.
You don't have a back door this time.
You don't have another Sarah to take her spot and waste more time.

Did you really think you weren't going to have to face yourself eventually?
That time is now.
And if you blink, it's going to pass you by.

For once, do what you know is right instead of trying to please everyone else.
You've got one life to live and I've never seen someone waste so much of it.

I got myself together.
Now it's your turn.
Stop Running.
I don't want to wait anymore.

No comments: